The College and Work Transitions Coordinator, under the supervision of the Student Success Manager, develops and oversees the coordination of programs assisting students to transition from adult education to college academic programs or occupational programs and the workplace. The individual will be responsible for recruiting, advising and supporting students in ESL support, bridge programs, and other similar transition efforts. The position will be responsible for all reports and data required for the program and for grant fund sources, if any. The individual is also expected to coordinate with faculty, tutors, testing and registration to place students in college courses. Also, the position is responsible for coordinating with the Career and Job Placement Center for placing Adult Education students in the workplace.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience with Adult Education.
3. Knowledge of a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
4. High-level computer skills in Microsoft Office.
5. Coordination experience.
1. Masters degree in Education.
2. Experience and knowledge about bridge and transition programs.
3. Community college experience.
In addition to the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of our students and community, CLC offers employees competitive salaries plus outstanding benefits:
- Attractive health and welfare benefits: medical plans, dental plans, vision plan, flexible-spending accounts for eligible health care and dependent care expenses, group term-life insurance, employee assistance program and a long-term disability plan option.
- Generous paid time-off benefits: vacation, health leave, personal days, holidays and Fridays off in summer.
- Tuition benefits: full-time employees, their spouse and dependents through age 23 may receive a CLC tuition waiver for up to 36 credit hours per academic year. Employees may also receive reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for approved courses taken at an accredited college or university.
- Retirement benefits under the State Universities Retirement System (SURS).
- Disability benefits under SURS.