ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules
- Point of Contact within the Production Control and Planning department for shop schedules, floor execution, and customer impacts.
- Advises management as required on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems or concerns.
- Assign work order starts as required for new assembly lot starts, die preps, reworks, engineering requests and qualification lots (e.g. Group C, D, and E for new wafer material) as required.
- Release work order load into the production line in a balanced manner to meet production schedules
- Coordinate activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, engineering, and finance as needed to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Ensure WIP management and on time delivery through communication with expeditors.
- Respond to requests for material availability, expedites and push outs, as well as other requests to meet customer needs.
- Transact ERP system to include: scheduling, work order and sales order date management, ship list accuracy, and system setup as needed.
- Communicate with Production Expeditors to ensure on time delivery of outside service processing and advise use of expedite fees to meet schedules.
- Communicate with Export Compliance and Sales on export delays and material available to ship.
- Monitor potential material shortages, and advise on lead time accuracy, and safety stock levels.
- Lead and engage others in performance board stand up and daily status meetings.
- Perform other tasks as needed to support product specific requirements.
- Back-up others within the Production Control and Planning organization as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to coordinate efforts with Production Control, Master Scheduler and Manufacturing Technicians.
- Works well under limited supervision.
- Ability to handle problems of varying complexity.
- Maintains shortage report.
- .Generate and review Order Point Report to sustain Indirect Materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Visual Enterprise
Must have strong Microsoft office skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access. Must be able to operate in a Windows environment. Use of Visual Enterprise.